Monday, January 31, 2011

Brayden's books of the month- January edition


Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton is so cute. Really. I just love anything Sandra Boynton does. She is like the queen of board books. I really need to make a video of me reading it to Brayden, because it's such a fun experience. As soon as I say "Three singing pigs say la la la" he starts saying "No, No" which is of course the next line. I think things like that in books are good for toddlers, and later for children, because they get a boost of self-worth knowing that they were right.





Peek-A Who? by Nina Laden has been in our pile of frequent reads for months now. He just loves it! I'm sure it's a favorite for most toddlers because of the mirror at the end. He loves seeing the owl and the cow and shouting "Boo," but he just knows the best is yet to come. And when we get to the mirror, he puts his face up close to it with a huge smile on his face.








Time for Bed by Mem Fox is, at the moment, Brayden's favorite bedtime story. He goes back and forth between this and Goodnight Moon, but lately this has been his pick. He just loves animals. He usually says either the name of the animal as we get to the page or the sound the animal makes. It's very soothing to read with the rhyme, which I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment