Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday flops- unfinished edition

I've recently started a new writing job that helps keep me busy. Because of that, I've had to become more selective in the books I keep reading. I'm finally beginning to allow myself to stop reading if I'm not enjoying it. Here are recent books I decided to put down.
Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros - Honestly, I thought I would love this. I'm really getting into Twitter myself so I was excited to read it. It just didn't click.

Save as Draft by Cavanaugh Lee- I was also really excited for this one. It reminded me of Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot, which I loved reading back when it came out in 2004. I just didn't feel a connection with the girl. I didn't even get past the whole online dating thing where her and the guy (I don't even remember their names) first "meet."

Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay- I know, I know, I mentioned the Dexter series on the blog just about a month or so ago and said I was enjoying them. I've changed my mind. I stopped in the middle of the third book. It was already getting redundant, and I was especially getting sick of hearing "darkly dreaming Dexter,"  and "devoted Dexter." I was listening to it while I worked at the library, so it's telling that I stopped listening. It's bad enough I stopped halfway through a shift and just listened to music instead since I didn't have another book ready. I'm hoping the TV series is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment