Thursday, March 31, 2011

Brayden's books of the month- March edition

I Howl, I Growl by Marcia Vaughan- This has been a favorite of Brayden's since he first got into books. The animal thing, I guess. It's a very simple text. Two page spreads featuring two animals saying "I _____. I _____." Now that he's talking more, he tries to repeat the words after me.


Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.- This may not be the most exciting book to read out loud because of the repetition, but toddlers love it. I do love Carle's illustrations, though.




Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss- Oh, how I love Dr. Seuss. It's been awhile since I've read one of his longer ones out loud. I've got to get back into the hang of reading his books. My Seuss tongue is out of shape. :) I've been trying to read more picture books to Brayden. He doesn't usually sit through them all the time, but I'll keep trying. I was on the phone with a friend this morning and told her I've started reading Green Eggs and Ham to him, and less than a minute later he brought the book to me. I guess that means he likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment