Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend Links

-I finished Calamity Jack and enjoyed it too, although not as much as Rapunzel's Revenge. The illustrator, Nathan Hale, designed a Valentine for readers that the author, Shannon Hale, posted on her blog here. I love all the comments begging for a third installment. I wonder what adventure they could send them off on next!

-Last year, I devoured the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. The author died before publication, and his estate turned into a real mess, with his partner and family fighting. When I heard his partner might finish a fourth book with an unfinished manuscript, I was against it at first. This article changed my mind though, and I'm definitely interested in reading her memoir when it comes out in English.

-I wish Brayden were older and in a book club so he could enter this 90 second Newberry Film Festival. It seems like it would be so much fun.

-I have Tina Fey's Bossypants on hold at the library and can't wait to get it, especially after reading this sample from the New Yorker. I love her so much. She's my girl crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment